Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

So today I went over to the Common Food Pantry at the Protestant Church again. Same crowd, and we finished at roughly the same time, too. Well worth it. One of the gang over there just found a job and consequently won't be returning to volunteer; another has been out of a job for a month and a half and is still looking. Prayers for her! St. Anthony, intercede on her behalf!

I returned to St. Ben's to play video games for a good 2+ hours, then helped Fr. Beaven and a St. Ben's high school student with some heavy lifting; we had to move some supplies up to the high school weight room. It only took about 20 minutes, so I had plenty of time to say a rosary and Divine Mercy Chaplet. In fact, I finished before the 4:00PM hour.

Dinner was an quick and quiet affair: leftovers from yesterday (and Sunday's pizza). Fueled me enough for the LONG night of bingo ahead; there were no meetings tonight (happens about twice a year, according to Fr. Beaven), so I was at bingo from the very outset all the way to the closing. Got out of that auditorium at around 10:20 - just in time to get my clothes out of the dryer, and write up this journal entry. May God Bless everyone, especially those in most need of His Divine Mercy - including my own wretched and sinful self. May He make me more worthy, day by day. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment